SUNDAY SERVICESJoin us on SUNDAYS at 10:30 AM and 5.30 PM for our evangelistic service.
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet
You are warmly invited to our Sunday Services. We hold a 10.30 am and a 5.30 pm service. These meetings are open to everyone. We recommend our 5.30 pm for a first visit – at this meeting we break down and explain in detail what the Bible says about becoming a Christian. Our services are not long – usually just over one hour. The focus of the service is always on Bible teaching and the worship of the Lord.
Over the years we have seen a number of people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Why not come along and find out more about the Friend above all friends?
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU COME?
We hope that you will visit us soon! If you visit us, here’s what you can expect:
- Preaching: We believe that preaching (proclaiming, heralding) the Bible is the main event in the worship service (2 Timothy 4:1-2). Our sermons are typically 30-45 minutes long.
- Bible Reading: We believe that the public reading of Scripture is an important part of the worship service (1 Timothy 4:13).
- Prayer: We believe that public prayer from the pulpit is an important part of the worship service (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- Communion: We observe the Lord’s Table on the first Sunday of each month. The Lord’s Table is intended for believers who are living in communion with God and other believers.
- Dress Code: There is none. Some men wear shirts or ties. Some women wear dresses. Generally, most people dress up a little, like they would for something important. We do ask that young ladies avoid immodest, body-revealing outfits.
- Children: We have a changing mat and supporting resources for babies and books to read for infants and toddlers. We encourage children of all ages to sit under the Word of God and hear the sermons preached, as the sermons are mostly accessible for all. It’s OK with us if you child makes a little noise, but if you feel it may be distracting you or others away from the Word of God, there is a backroom where you can take your child and listen to the sermon being preached.
- Library: We have a library with classic Christian literature, available for you to borrow. We also have some free literature available too. Just ask.
- Music: Music is an important part of worshipping God (Psalm 33:2-3; Colossians 3:16). We sing predominately traditional hymns with some contemporary Psalms, hymns and spritual songs. The content of the songs we sing are what we find to be the most important as the worship is for God and not for man. The songs are sung from a Christian Hymn Book.
- Atmosphere: The best way to describe the atmosphere of our gatherings is holy joy (Psalm 29:2; Psalm 47:1). While we don’t intend to be stale and mechanical (John 4:24), we do believe that our worship services should be orderly (1 Corinthians 14:40).
May you experience the blessing of God as we worship His great Name together!
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
10.30 am and 5.30 pm
1 Salisbury Rd, Grays RM17 6DG
Wednesday at 7:00 PM
1 Salisbury Rd, Grays RM17 6DG
Saturday at 8:30 AM
EVERY SATURDAY online